Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by JMR40
The odds are that you'll get a Kimber that shoots just as well as anything else. The problem is finding shooters who can shoot a rifle that light accurately.

I have one in 308. With Leupold VX-2, 3-9X40 on it in Talley lightweights it is still a hair under 6 lbs. Like most Kimbers it shoots great if I do my part. Not the rifles fault, but I tend to shoot some other rifles in the 7-7.5 lb range better. I don't seem to shoot anything over 8 lbs any better than the 7.5 lb rifles.

You're looking at about 3/4 lb more than my rifle, almost 7 lbs. I think it'll be fine.

Now I've only shot a dozen or quite a few more.... But ULA/NULA's are light as well, correct....? Wonder why you don't hear about them not shooting good.... Nor do the same people that have bad shooting Kimbers because they "don't know how to shoot light rifles" have any problems shooting the exact guns once they get them rebarreled...

Kimber has an awesome package with the Montana/Ascent /etc, but their QC sucks.

Probably because nobody who drops the $$$ on a NULA is going to admit that they can't shoot it for [bleep]....

Just joking (sort of).