MUCH hilarity here!

Firstly,think bullets...not headstamps,as THE opening move. Hint.

Twist/throat/COAL matter more than a "smidge". Hint.

Trigger time trumps all. Hint.

'ing8,

I'd go Montucky Kreedmire,due the great reduction in noise,recoil,length,weight and the ability to launch upper echelong BC's with greater Precision(and Fun). Hint.

The 280/280AI is a great way to fly,but not on a Montucky,due their relatively trite COAL threshold. The 6-06 is a superior mechanical approach,given those considerations and prolly why I built a 8" Brux contour duped/shortened shank upon a Montucky Twat-Six Donor. Hint.

DD's,6x MQ and a .530BC at 3325fps. Prolly don't suck. Hint.

[Linked Image]

In the Real World,contending atmospherics matters more than a smidge and impact velocity,is farrrrrrr more important than launch velocity. BC do more than a few nice thangs,doubly so in a fun to shoot parcel. Hint.

Very easy to arrange a .697BC at 2700fps in a Kreedmire. With a 200yd zero,the 1000yd line is 8Mils of windshield away,in this morning's atmosphere. 1125yds is a 10 Mil cursory gawk through the ocular and hardly a big fhuqking deal,as trajectory goes. 5 Mils of 10mph windshield windage correction,in full value conditions,is well beyond the 2000yd line. Hint.

Nothing else will slip conditions as well,with a like amount of recoil. Hint.

'Course I don't get to shoot well thunked Montucks expressly set up to do a whole bunch more,than your very modest requisites,more often than every day. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

Pass the 6x MQ hold the Fluff and forget the variables. If you pay attention,you'd blow your own mind on your first outing,as the dots will literally connect themself.

You've been led to water.

Hint....................

'guide,

DO "tell" about your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results" with said parcel(s). Feel free to swing for the fence in regards to rifle,boolit,mounting system and scope "particulars"...in no certain order. It WILL be funnier than fhuqk,if you TRY. Congratulations?!?

Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is always gonna be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers". Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'40,

As rifle mass decreases,trigger pull weight must as well...if only because there is less mass on the scene,to contend the impetus of same.

I could not begin to count the number of folks who on their very first shot with one of my rifles,greatly exceeded the ceiling of their prior most distant connect. Hell...I've seen them boringly reliable results,sell more than a fhuqking [bleep] ton of scopes,rifles and boolits.(grin)

Most folks are fighting schit mounting systems and HEAVILY compromised mechanical scope integrity,less having a first fhuqking clue as to the maladies. 'Course,they launch alotta Ping Pong Balls too and then malign "the rifle". FUNNY schit!

Bless their hearts.

Laughing!....................

'45,

I doubt I've been around more than 50 Montuckys and have yet to see one that weren't a fhuqking PEACH. Incorrect assembly,schit mounts/glass,poor bedding attempts and schit ammo plague 'em routinely. Rifles talk...yet noone listens.

Have fixed countless rifles that "didn't shoot",by simply Starting At The Fhuqking Start and never had one whoop me yet. Still HOPING for it to come to fruition,just so I could have that T-shirt too.(grin)

Hint....................

'68,

280AI brass costs the same as anything else. I always wanna form my own and drive an initial false shoulder anyhow,to have finite control upon initial and subsequent headspace.

Hint.

Have yet to see someone who could set up a set of dies correctly.

HINT..................

'Jockey,

Trigger time,is trigger time and though everyone talks about it...NOONE does it. If they did,they'd not mutter such absolutely fhuqking STUPID schit. Hint.

I'm rather at ease in slapping 1200yd steel with my "lowly" 18" Montucky 270 and 105's steered with a subtended Illuminatti pinned to 4X. That rifle really fhuqks with pointy heads and there contrived notions.

Waiting on a wingman now and will be schlepping that NASTY little bitch streamside,along with me. Good day to catch a Bear moving about.

Hint.....................

'AU,

Your fascination with sheer and utter Goat Fhuqks,is nothing shy of SPECTACULAR Hilarity. The ONLY fhuqking thing you "shoot",is your mouth. Congratulations?!?

Your CLUELESSNESS is epic in it's grandeur. CDS/BDC are fhuqking jokes,just like you. hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'duct,

It's been a spell now,since someone was dumb enough to take my money for a rifle that "didn't shoot". They quit "telling" me schit and started listenin'...then "all" those "bad" rifles simply disappeared.(grin)

FUNNY schit!.................

Rin',

The LEAST important aspect on a glass that aligns POA/POI RELIABLY,is X's. It's all but moot.

Joe Average is over headstamped,under boolited and wayyyyyy over X'd...while schlepping schit that has heavily compromised mechanical integrity.

Though I do getta kick outta folks who don't listen and chase their tails.......................(grin)

Greg',

Many folks are well over their heads at the 50yd line. Then they prove it.(grin)

I routinely shoot Rimfires beyond the 600yd line and it's funnier than fhuqk to grant a dyed in the wool Dissenter,opportunity to partake and change tunes...after the first poke. Seen it lots.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Physics is Physics and I enjoy Window Lickers that have never even seen the wares associated,let alone used 'em,weigh in with "all" they "know".

FUNNY schit!...............

'jrk,

Having implicit FAITH in an Optic,sure as fhuqk is soothin'. Was talking to a pard yesterday,about rifles that "don't shoot" and the not so curious connection of the current crop of Reupold's and their role in arranging same. The new schit,really sucks ass,while a couple Gen's back were far more reliable. Shame.

For some strange reason,there's been 100's of Fixed Fhuqkers procured and flogged upon,less a single woe. Been some spectacular crashes and while mounting systems have failed(namely LW's),nary a single glass has.

They've REALLY changed the game,in unerring reliability and windshield splendor. Two rotations of a Reupold CDS,is still well shy of a Fixed Fhuqker MQ's windshield AND actually do as intended.

Them facts,tend to hurt Window Licker's feelin's.................(grin)

Form',

I've seen some botched schit,but never one that couldn't be made happy with a shred of sense.

Have rebarreled 'em because I shot barrels out,or wanted a chambering/twist/throat that weren't in the catalog....but never due to Precision.

Prolly need to build a 20" contour duped/shortened shank 6 Kreedmire,just for giggles.

Montuckys STEAL The Show and then some.................

'bean,

The Kreedmire will outpace the 7-08 and do it with less recoil.

Bullets/bullets/bullets.

Hint....................

'DUDE,

You've ZERO idea,how close the 700yd line is,with a sound platform...that extolls the simplistic constant of boolit/glass/mounts and actual USE. Hint.

ZERO.

Hint................

'scotty,

For perspective,describe the platforms and their particulars,which soooooooo very reliably whoop your ass. Say sumptin' about boolits,glass,mounts,etc. It WILL be fhuqking funny.

Pics would be fhuqking hilarious too.

Mebbe also delve a leetle deeper on how/why you feel compelled to launch bullets at Critters in a Hurricane,given your "means","abilities" and "comprehension". Spare NO details,as others will getta laugh at your fhuqking Stupidity. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

Vek,

"Horsepower" is arranged numerous ways,but THE constant is...boolits matter more than anything else. Another constant is,that the Handier?dandier the parcel and more fhuqking FUN it is to schlep/shoot,the more the fhuqking thing gets schlepped/shot. That is how dots are connected and "luck" arranged in non-lineal fashion. Hint.

A 6x42 M1 ele with LW's is a 8 oz buffer over a 6x MQ with DD's. I've broken too many LW's and the Fixed Fhuqker will track in superior fashion,grant opportunity upon the windshield that Reupold cain't even begin to fathom and you can club dinner to death with it,if so inclined. 'Course I've broken Reupold windshields too and that stops the game. Pun be intended.

I've multiple Illuminatti's and am hip on the notion and they absolutely DESTROY all thangs Reupold. They have 62 fhuqking Mils on the erector,another 10 on the etched windshield,the illumination rheostat is killer,the extry battery storage compartment more of the same and illumination is placed ONLY where it's needed upon the windshield. They are easy to zero stop too. Hint.

POA/POI intersections in distant Zip Codes are not predicated upon X value of Optics,but rather mechanical integrity and folks who ACTUALLY shoot,tend to appreciate them etched in stone constants.

The Hubble Crowd cracks me he fhuqk up and that before they even TRY to shoot.(grin)

It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Bless their hearts.......................

'winters,

The 147 Kreedmire CRUSHES the 280/280AI,with the boolits you cite.

I realize that'll only come as a "surprise" to you. Hint.

Feel free to TRY yet again.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."