Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by moosemike
Hope y'all don't think you're impressing Stick with all this. In his eyes he's the only guy in the entire world that actually hunts, fishes, and shoots. He expects the rest of us to follow after him in wonderment.

🤗

Mike,

why do you think folks like to go watch the circus!

or slow down and rubberneck at the scene of a traffic accident when there is hair, teeth and eyeballs all over the pavement.

Much the same reason.

on another level,

I first ran into "B" ( as I affectionately call him) when he came over to AccurateReloading some 10 years ago. He managed to make something like 700+ posts in 36 hours. Totally blew up that board.

Yup, he lasted all of 36 hours. He was in his prime back then. Much more fun, and the pix were 10 times maybe 100 times more interesting. Maybe that was because it was all new.

Stick is one of the reasons I started posting on 24 hour campfire. I enjoyed the back and forth, and that gave me the opportunity to post pix of the way we hunt here in Texas and the type of game that was available.

Going back and forth with "B" was also a way to establish my bona fides, via my pix. Larry in his inimitable style would trash me, how I hunted, what I shot and all things Texas. I would post more pix of rifles and perforated critters. One might say that if it had not been for Stick, I'd prolly not posted half of the pix that I have had the opportunity do do so.

When I started posting on AR around 2001, folks were pretty brutal when it came to Texas and the way we hunt. Pretty much the same when I started posting on 24hour campfire. Folks from the western states and places where you have public land to hunt really put down the local custom of "baiting" or using spin cast feeders to attract game.

How times have changed in 17 years. Just over a month ago I met 25 guys that are Campfire members on a hog hunt in South Texas. This was my second hunt with these guys and most all plan to come back. Did not hear nary a complaint about the hospitality, nor the hunting.

Perhaps I'm letting the cat out of the bag, or this is too much "inside baseball, and I really should be gettting ready to go to my lease rather than dallying here but.......

[Linked Image]

this is one of the first custom knives I purchased here on the Fire. It is a 2013 ARAIG group buy knife. If you notice, Shortactionsmoker sent it to me as a "starter pack" in case I wanted to become a western hunter. Blue tape for the barrel, swirley color for painting my stock, and a Hornday bullet. What fun!

I thought, considering how B luv's all things Texan, it would be a kick to post up a pix of this knife with a "Texas" hoglet...

[Linked Image]

and another photo of the group guy knife with the caption......

[Linked Image]

ARAIG 2013 group buy knife held hostage in Texas.

[Linked Image]

I do not know whether B enjoys the back and forth, but messin' with him has provided me with countless hours of entertainment!

[Linked Image]

so with that in mind, I am off to golf carts and gates

[Linked Image]

at the killing field of the "Petting Zoo"

See ya'll next week

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.