Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by JPro
My family usually eats about 4-5 deer a year, as several of those will be does that were 110-120lb on the hoof. Some will be made into smoked link sausage by a local processor. Most of it we will cut into roasts or other whole cuts, along with a lot of burger. We're big on ground meat recipes and rarely ever buy beef burger.

Same, as above, we have taken to vac packing whole muscles, as it gives more options.

Us too, on the burger.

I will buy some, when we have too, but not from a supermarket, only local producers, or the farmer's co-op.

The burger I see in local stores is expensive, and the last I bought had more gristly bits than what I got from my last processor, and of course my own, which I trim pretty carefully. I ground a bunch of the one I killed with my xbow and since my grinder is a smallish one, I triple-ground it, with excellent results. I like leaving big chunks as well, to be ground or not later.

Have two at a new (to me) processor now. Two is more than I can comfortably handle at a time, and I like having them hang in a cooler for a while before getting cut up.

BTW, that chunk of backstrap I posted was cooked on a Cuisinart GR-150P1 Deluxe Electric Griddler. I used the flat plates, preheated to sear at 450. Five minutes. Been looking for an easier, less messy way to cook steaks, and this works well. Cleans up in a minute or two, no flying grease.

What fresh Hell is this?