jorge
"...it's also obvious you are in complete ignorance of the inter-service rivalries and quips we've traded throughout the centuries. I've logged hundreds of flight hours working with the USCG and CJTG4 doing drug interdiction. Your "glass arcade' comment speaks volumes to your stovepipe level of knowledge. I know what you do, and your lack of respect for my profession, experiences and accomplishments neither surprise nor concern me."

I am far from ignorant of the inter-service rivalries... but this is a public forum, neither a locker room nor an O club.

Funny you should mention "stovepipe" as said item on my boat is a piece of 5" titanium picked up as scrap from Boeing! Fantastic stuff for the purpose.

I have very high regard for your profession, but precious little for arrogant examples badmouthing others... For example, Doc Rockmore, a CG flight surgeon out of Kodiak (they named the new medical clinic after him) died in a chopper in horrible weather trying to medivac a head-injured village boy. Rockmore had spent a few days with us just a week before. I knew another crew member on the same flight.

Also "met" a Navy Seal on Christmas Eve many years ago when he popped up in front of a raft we had seen in the lights out in front of the boat. Snowing hard, Christmas Eve maneuvers, miles from shore in the Gulf of Alaska and they have been the least arrogant military guys I have ever met. Due to the training base on Kodiak I have actually gotten to meet several of them. I have nothing beyond respect and admiration for them.

I have met the Seals...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.