Originally Posted by Steve_NO
You need to work on your comprehension, Nate. I saw a lot of comments on how conservative she is, much more than McC on some issues, particularly guns and ANWR, and her history as a reformer and pork buster. If the pick had been Romney, the same media douchebags would have been saying he's just a pretty face. Of the two, I prefer Palin. Both on the merits and on looks.

"Of the two.."

That's EXACTLY my point. In a country of nearly 300 million we're down to a choice of the 4-6 thrown out in the last 6 months. Give me a break.

We either had a choice of re-runs from the last 25 years who have hung around or political and intellectual lightweights.

I hate to say it but the McCain pick is Clintonish to me, Bill Clintonish. He perfected the triangulation and that's exactly what I fear McCain has done with his VP pick. Throw a broad enough net to pick up this demogrpahic and that demographic and at the end of the day nobody knows what you are.

A maverick? No. Just a triangulator much like Billy boy was. Figure out what people want you to say and do that - today and then change it tomorrow.

Otto is my co-pilot.