Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I'm not befuddled. Since time immortal, it was the man's job to bring home the bacon and the woman's job to be the care giver and nurturer. That's why women get pregnant and not men. The traditional family is still the best way to raise kids after everything else has been tried. On this I'm an ultra ultra ultra conservative. I've seen the results with other methods and it ain't pretty. Why do you think our prisons are over flowing.

Those who choose to have children have to make the children priority #1 and everything else second. In this day and age, with most of us reaching longer longevity, there is plenty of time to pursue other careers after the kids have grown up. And yes this applies to men too.

And one more thing while I'm at it seeing as how I'm going out on a long limb and sticking my foot in my mouth, I'm sick and tired of Right-Wing Christians who preach family values and the first thing the jettison is the kids to pursue secular careers.

There now that I've pi$$ed everyone off, I'm outta here!!

OK. One paragraph at a time (even though you won't read this 'cause you're outta here):

You make a good point, and one many conservative Christians will agree with. I find it a little odd, however, that people will use the Bible to affirm their political & social worldview, but somehow overlook or even reject the fundamental message of the Bible, that all humanity is broken (that puts you and me into the same category) and we need a redeemer.

All of us have differing capabilities in what we are able to pursue, while keeping our families as first priority. I cannot judge for you, or Palin, or O'bama, or anyone else. I can judge it only for me. Sometimes I don't measure up. By the grace of God, sometimes I do.

Let's let Sarah Palin and her husband decide whether they're jettisoning their kids. As for me, I think her kids will measure up just fine against most of the kids I see raised by permissive, left-wing parents, as well as most kids raised by country-club conservatives with a self-absorbed stay-at-home wife.

So that I don't miss your last paragraph, let it be known that you haven't pi$$ed me off. And bye-bye.

Steve

Yep. I'd "Yes, Amen" that.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer