Originally Posted by crossfireoops
A Home Run
She Was A Member of the Buchanan Brigade

Posted by Richard Spencer -- August 29

Sarah Palin� -- Buchananite
Remember when Pat Buchanan ran a number of hard-right, fringe campaigns for president in the late 1980s, 1990s and 2000? Well, guess who was supporting him:
From an AP report in 1999: "Pat Buchanan brought his conservative message of a smaller government and an America First foreign policy to Fairbanks and Wasilla on Friday as he continued a campaign swing through Alaska. Buchanan's strong message championing states rights resonated with the roughly 85 people gathered for an Interior Republican luncheon in Fairbanks. ...Among those sporting Buchanan buttons were Wasilla Mayor Sarah Palin and state Sen. Jerry Ward, R-Anchorage."
American Patrol Comment: McCain knew Sarah Palin was a Buchanan supporter when he picked her. Buchanan has been an outspoken opponent of amnesty (i.e., so-called comprehensive immigration reform) and it is likely that she agrees with him, so this is a very encouraging move.

That's all I need to know. I'm voting Palin '08. McCain is the wart on the ticket. I'm thinking long term. It's a shame, though, that her prospects for a future presidency may be sullied by a four or eight year association with the man. I hope he doesn't screw up too bad (ala George W. Bush) during his presidency so as to give Palin a shot when he's done.