Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Kinda speechless on the inletting. Melvin needs to see those pics, I'm sure that's not something he would want crawling out of the factory.

I've seen a few Forbes, and they all looked like that.

It's a factory rifle, that happens to have, quite possibly, the best made fiberglass stock on the market (though I'm personally not a fan of the shape).

Like any factory rifle, I think a certain amount of "cleaning up" should be expected.

If all the ills of this rifle were addressed at the factory, the price point would most certainly rise.

Were I to own one, I'd rather just clean it up myself than pay for it.

Brad when you say best do you mean strongest?

Yes, when I said "best made" I meant strongest, not best shaped, etc.

As to the nitpicking about the stock's shortcomings, obviously the Kimber MT stock comes to the owner in far prettier shape... BUT the stocks are made, bedded, finished and painted in Costa Rica in order to maintain the Kimbers price point. The Forbes isn't made in Costa Rica, and US wages being what they are, it's not surprising the stock lacks the attention to detail the Kimber has.

Looks like it was bedded by a forum member, based on some of the threads I've seen laugh

Undoubtedly Rancho is a handy dude and can "polish the turd" (said tongue in cheek).

The Forbes isn't my cup of tea in any way, but it's obviously a nice rifle!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery