I tend to be a perfectionist. I have a practical side as well, but just to play Devil's Advocate...

You guys are a tough crowd.

Forbes is attempting to supply a semi-custom production rifle for 1/2 price, and still sell it through a dealer network as well. Does current production from any of the big names compare in any way to the design of this rifle? Action? Stock? Barrel?

Not sure what caused RL's failed extraction, and while that can be somewhat disheartening, there's not much there to go wrong...it sounds like an out of spec extractor, and that's not a big problem. I have a Remy with a bad extractor that needs replacement, and I have a few spares on hand, but it still works so it's left as is for now. I wouldn't send a rifle 6k miles round-trip for that...Forbes is taking care of the customer, unlike most of the major names, but if you send a rifle back to the factory, expect some time to pass by regardless of who the maker is.

A little wet paint on the barrel channel?

That's considered a major defect?

It sounds to me that they were somewhat overwhelmed with early demand, and they are shipping out the wine before it's time. As time goes by, Forbes will shake out these small glitches in their production line, and the rifles will be better.

I wouldn't let any of this stuff keep me from owning one if I wanted to rock the design...it's a very cool rifle.

It seems to me that folks must have otherwise picture perfect lives if small stuff like this gets under their skin.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...