No, I agree the extractor needs to be fixed one-way-or-the-other.

It kind of sounds that way, but I'm not being critical of you, RL, in any way, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate and offering a different POV regarding the overall tone of the thread.

All I'm really saying is that this is really a minor issue and not to get discouraged about the rifle.

Compounding things, I agree that it's obvious that Forbes seems to not have the right people in place to earn an A+ for CS hand-holding. If it were my company I would put that at the top of the manpower list, especially if I planned to screw up, but new start-ups are almost universally plagued with glitches, and it sounds like they have a lot on their plate at the moment. I wonder if they test fired the piece, how hard is that to do?

There are masterpieces of precision and perfection in manufacturing available from the likes of Borden, Surgeon, etc, and the like, but the bare actions are over a grand or thereabouts. A rifle like yours would be pushing 5k, but it's available if anyone want it.

I have simple requirements, so I think could do 90% of what I need to do with an out-of-the-box Ruger American, and that's out of the 100 or so odd rifles in my safe, but I think Forbes does offer a unique product for those that want one, and since you seemed to get the short straw here, I hope your rifle turns into one that you might eventually like once the issues are sorted out.

I've seen so many pitiful examples of obviously defective, abused, neglected, or just otherwise fubarred stuff that I was able to turn into something functional and useful, that I am somewhat immune to minor issues; but almost nothing is ever perfect to my eye and might need a little tuning-up.

If not you can always ask them to give you a new rifle and see how they handle that, and if I was running CS that's what I'd do for you, in fact, I'd probably insist.

You sometimes get what you pay for. If you really want to make a Remy right you have to throw out everything but the bare action tube, and even that one piece still needs work, and that's after all these decades of refinement.

A shooting buddy bought a Perazzi and they flew him to Italy and put him up for a week to make sure everything was perfect...now that's some right proper CS right there for a mere 27 grand.

But hey, if you're happy, I'm happy...

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...