Sorry to hear all of this. Hopefully this is an isolated incident, particularly the extraction problem and they can resolve it for you (which they should w/o question)!

WRT the stocks and bedding issues, I was under the impression that Melvin was supplying all of the stocks for the rifles, at least originally. Does anyone know if this is still the case? Perhaps that changed w/ the introduction of the M20. I am assuming the bedding, finish work, etc. is being done at the plant in Maine. My friend bought one of the early (2012) M24's in 30-06 and it came with no sling studs. Trying to help him out, I called Melvin who seemed a little disgusted that it was sent out that way, but did send him a new set with instructions on how to install them properly.

I have a 1986 ULA 7mm-08 and several CLR's (a couple "improved" by Melvin). I have never had any issues with the stocks or extraction problems, including magnum handloads. My 7mm-08 does seem to get pretty high velocities w/ factory 139gr Hornady Light Magnum loads (3050fps with 22"" barrel) which I thought maybe had something to do with the way it was chambered??? Never have had any extraction problems however.

Anyone else with ULA's, CLR's, or the Forbes 24's have extraction issues??? Once again, hopefully an isolated incident that can be quickly remedied.

Wish they'd scrap the cosmetic bolt fluting though... kind of like too much make-up on a beautiful girl. Melvin's "ladies" have proven that it is not really need to get the job done effectively.