Originally Posted by bonefish
Perhaps the average guy that buys a Forbes rifle doesn't pull it apart and scrutinize the build quality. If the rifle shoots, they dial it in and go hunting... The whole while marveling at the lightness and moa ish accuracy. Kimbers are famous for QC issues and everyone loves them.

Interesting, but I would think that not many average hunters are plunking down $1500 for a rifle like a Forbes.

Even mentioning Kimber and QC issues in the same sentence will get plenty of folks riled up here. IMO the Kimbers are finished much more nicely than the Forbes, but tend to have mechanical issues. These issues came up more in the older Kimbers, and those issues and remedies are both well documented here.

Out of 4 Mod 84's, I eventually got three to shoot and still have a Montana in 243. My 3 Forbes (and 1 CLR) all shoot great, but IMO the Forbes are not finished to the same standard as the Kimber, or even the CLR for that matter.

I hope that Forbes takes care of Prairie Goat quickly, and takes time to Man Up on the quality issues.

Last edited by sigguy; 05/20/14.