AMEN....sns2...my sentiments exactly! I realize were not talking Dakota, Jarrett, or even Cooper money...but hey we ARE talking quite a few coins more than the "average" bolt action rifle....so logic would stand.....the purchaser would expect quite a bit more with regards to Function/Fit and Performance. Quite frankly had it not been for the courtesy of Rick Campbell I would have thrown in the towel and given up on this weapon. After several extended conversations with Mr. Campbell (About topics far outside the realm of rifles) I am fully convinced he is a very, very decent American. Who am I to say, but in reality some "Heads Need to Roll" in Production! If we all take a deep breath and look at the merits of this debacle...I do believe it is really not all that complicated. (1) Mr. Forbes produces the Time Proven Stocks (+) (2) Mr. Forbes designed/patented the proven ultra lite action (++) (3) The Shaw Barrels have been around for many years-May not be on the same level as some other premium barrels, but have prospered within their own niche nonetheless (+++) (4) Timney Triggers have proven themselves over time (++++) (5) The provided Talley Rings were originally designed by Mr. Forbes and sold to Talley, where they have enjoyed immense success worldwide (+++++) So in reality virtually ALL the components of this weapon have a proven track record- Not to mention Mr. Forbes is assembling/distributing virtually the same weapon; albeit different barrel manufacturer, slight trigger variation/safety, and custom length of pull, stock color choice. But in reality Very, Very, Very similar in core principles. My third-grade education tells me only one thing....ASSEMBLY/QUALITY CONTROL...or as they say in the military arena....ATTENTION TO DETAIL! It's like two people being handed the same ingredients to bake a cake...The first Baker uses his measuring cup, spoons, and follows prescribed timelines, and directions to the ninth degree. His cake turns out just as the recipe said it would. The second Baker says.."The Hell with measuring cups/spoons...haphazardly throws all the shiz together disregards prescribed timelines, and devises his own cooking temperature...gets preoccupied and forgets the oven is ON....His "cake" is burnt to a crisp, and is unrecognizable! Not trying to be funny here just saying if I was in charge of the "Forbes Bakery"...somebody (probably more than one) would be signing up for Obamas latest unemployment handouts! Oh and by the way....Don't let the door hit you in the Azz on your way Out! Just Sayin'