Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by battue
Let us say it does shoot for now. However, if that didn't take pride in the entirety of the their work, how long will it continue to do so. Like Redhead said, what about water getting into the exposed foam and what adverse effects it may have down the road? Something I never thought of until he mentioned it.

Well, a worse thing that happens with a Rem 700 and its clones like the NULA/Forbes, and something I've seen, is water running down into the safety cutout, into the trigger, and freezing... something you don't see happen on an old-school M70 or Mauser.

M700's were designed for cheap, efficient manufacture, nothing else.

I guess I am lucky, that freezing trigger thing has never happened to me. Although, in all these years I have only hunted in warm weather, sun out.

Steve, saw it in the mountains when light rain turned to snow/cold... trigger frozen-up solid. The safety slot in the M700 design is a water channel. Obviously it takes the "just right" conditions for a serious problem...

Returning to the regularly scheduled program...

Operative words, "just right". It has never happened to me, and I have hunted those pesky whitetails here in the midwest in rain and snow. Also have hunted in the rain and snow out west.As far as the regularly scheduled program, I didn't change the channel.

"M700's were designed for cheap, efficient manufacture, nothing else"
"something you don't see happen on an old-school M70 or Mauser."

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.