Originally Posted by Capn
New to the .338 federal and reloading as well. Just got set up on both. I have a 20” savage hog hunter. Really like it.

I’m reading back over this whole thread. Lots of good info here. I’m starting with 200gr interlocks. I have star line brass, cci 200’s, and varget, w-748, and mr2000. Forgive me, I’m green. But I’ve noticed that the varget info, Nosler lists 41, Speer 45, and Hodgdon lists 42 gr as a start. To work up safely, where should I start?

And has anyone used the 200 woodleigh on anything larger than deer/hogs?

Capn,
I found trouble getting enough Varget ( AR 2208 ) in the case, and switched to Benchmark, then BM 8208 with the 200/210gn bullets with 210m primers. Win 748 worked pretty well too, and fits in easily.
I,m mostly using the 200gn Woodleigh for everything now, as they work so well on everything I've put them into, including Fallow deer and Sambar stags that are noted for their toughness. The 200 NAB have worked very well on the same animals also, but they were a bit hard to source here a while back, and about double the price of Woodleighs.
Good luck with it. Those woodleighs will knock the snot out of those porkers, no worries! The 180's would work too, if they shoot well in your rifle.
Cheers, Jack