Hi All, new here, sorry I'm late to this thread. Lots of good stuff here.

Shooting a Kimber 84M 338Federal (weighs 6lbs11oz w/Leupold 3x9 LRD). Love the feel of it and the wood is almost too pretty.

Tried every factory load just for the heck of it and to get the brass (I know I could use 308's but I was just trying bullets anyway and breaking in). It liked the 200 Fusion and the 210 Partition best(around 1in. each)and the 185 Barnes the least...so, so for the 180 and 200 AB's (my load).

Right now, I'm shooting 200gr Hot-Cor's over 52gr Aliant 2000MR per their book with 210 Fed primers and getting 2750 over my Chrono and 1.1 inch for 3 shots (more and it starts tracking off).

I can hit the steel at 400yds every time with the extra aim points and have the traj. mapped (not that I plan on shooting an elk that far off with this...but I could if I had to).

Does kick a bit in this light gun but I'll never notice when hunting. Anyway, I may try other loads for something to do but this is looking great! I'll let you know.

Oh yes, 53+ years reloading and NRA Life Member. I may have been born at night but not last night.