Originally Posted by WM5L
Originally Posted by JoshK
I have used the 210gr on deer, hogs and a bull moose. Nothing went very far. The moose took about 15 step and fell over. Bullet was recovered on the opposite side skin. Tight quartering away shot. 210 gr partition is itnas far as I am concerned. 👍

I have some factory loaded 210 partitions and they are awful in my gun. I'm talking 2-3" groups at 100. I did try some of the Fusion 185s and they were barley 1" at 100. I was always told the Sakos were real shooters. So far this one is not BUT I am not giving up on it. It is a super nice looking gun. I want it to shoot a 210gr partition so bad! I am going to try the Barns 210 along with the 185 tomorrow. I used RL-15 and some of the new IMR 4166 as well as some AA2230. Someone mentioned temp and 2230 I can only assume it is not temp stable?

WM5L Which Sako do you own. I had some struggles with my 85 stainless synthetic. 8208 was the first powder I tried that really looked good with heavies Leverlution looks good as PRM stated. The 160 ttsx and 185 tsx shoot equally well for me 2230 is great as has been discussed in the thread. I tried RL15 and Varget accuracy was mediocre.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob