I'll put my 2 cents in. I think the 180-200gn bullets are the prime range of bullets given the velocities, BCs, and purpose of the cartridge. Federal brass seems fine, however Lapua brass offers a bit more volume if you want it. For powder, TAC and 8208 XBR are the standouts in my experience. I get a tad more velocity with TAC. However, 8208 is truly temperature resistant whereas the information on TACs temperature resistance seems more anecdotal. It may be, but It is a ball powder so I have my doubts. Someday I'll actually test them.

Now, I'll contradict myself... If I had to have only one load for all game from small game though elk or moose, it would be the 160 TTSX with AA2230. It is the most accurate load I have, after probably ten 3-shot groups the largest group it's ever shot is .8", and that .338 160gn does massive damage when launched at over 3050. All out of a 5lb 14oz rifle.

The furthest I've shot anything is just under 200 yds, but I'd have no problem shooting out to 400 at sea level and 500yds at elk hunting elevations. It does everything I want in a hunting rifle