This rifle will be used largely for pigs and whitetails, and may take it to Africa with me for plains game. After my first trip to Africa last year, I'm a firm believer in heavy for caliber bullets. Out to the hunting distances I shoot (all sub 300 yards) the difference in trajectory of heavier bullets is negligible and easily accommodated. The effects on game seem more pronounced with heavy bullets - and a number of African PHs with more on-game experience in a year than I'll likely have in a lifetime prefer heavy for caliber bullets.

As mentioned I'm not disappointed in the speed - 2600fps with a 200 grainer seems a good combo to me. I'm reticent to push the envelope for another 50 fps, especially with already compressed loads. If I can vary the seating depths for the 200 Accubond and get sub-moa, that will be my go-to for this rifle/cartridge combo.

If I want a fast 338, I can always load up my 338 WM (when my Encore barrel arrives).

I do have some Leverevolution I could try. We'll see after I do some seating depth and primer tests first.