Short story,I purchased a Sako 85 S in 338 Federal. Fired 8 rounds of Fusion 200 grain and the grouping was about 5 inches at 100 yards. I removed the action and saw right away what the problem was. I took it around to several gun smiths and one of them knew what the problem was before was before I even open my mouth. Only problem was that he was about 5-6 mounts out. Well I got it back on Thursday and took it out today. I had loaded 10 rounds of 200 grain Hornady with 64.2 grains of RL 15 to get on target. Groups were under 1 inch and I�m pleased. I recently picked up some Hodgdon Lever and loaded two rounds at 50, 51 and 52 grains behind Sierra 215 gr. Spitzer�s to try out. Lever is a ball powder, the temps were at 28 degrees and I used standard Win. Large primers. Recoil was stout. Bullet placement with 50 grains of Lever behind Sierra 215 gr. Spitzer�s was 2 inches above the 200 grain Hornady. 51 gr. of Lever was yet another 2 1/4 in. above that and 52 gr. of Lever still higher. To much bad weather to bring out the chronograph. But even without the chronograph I can tell that Lever is something special. It looks like Lever has only performance gains for the 210, 215 and 225 grain bullets.
I also will have to try some different primers, as there were some signs of unburnt powder. I�m thinking mag.primers and careful load development are in order, along with the Oehler by my side.
Thanks Dave

http://www.hodgdon.com/PDF/SuperLever.pdf

Last edited by wildwilson; 01/14/12.