Originally Posted by djb
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by djb
6.5 Creed is a great cartridge. Really, besides large bears and dangerous game, it can do it all. Hunting, target, varmints, accurate, inexpensive, low recoil....what is not to like?

Quit being so insecure. Led Zeppelin is still a great band even though classic rock radio overplay basically ruined their 'hits' to my ears.

Well hell, you sold it short. You failed to extol it virtues as a cartridge that will enable rank novices to bang out sub 1/4 MOA 10 shot groups at 800 yards. When handloaded to its fullest potential it leaves a 6.5x55 handloaded to its fullest potential far behind and is much more accurate. Not only that, but with 139 grain Scenars it'll break both shoulders on a musk-ox leaving a volleyball sized exit hole. The list goes on. I haven't even touched on its tactical attributes.

LOL. Seems 50% of the dudes in gun shops have the 'Creedtard' effect on me to be honest. My tactic is similar to the no pic it didn't happen. When 20 YO manbun starts squaking about 1000 yds ask him "at what range to do you shoot 1000 yds at?" In Ohio your lucky to shoot 200 yds. 99% of the time you'll get a mumbled mush mouth response. Same as the 'elk hunters' that are 100 lbs overweight and claim you need a magnum to kill and elk and my 308 Win. will bounce off.. "How many elk have you killed".....mumble mumble

When you drill down to the truth, most of them have never shot beyond 100 yards, but they have heard and read of the mystical powers of the Creedmagic.