Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

If you are ever bored, go to the gun counter at Academy, ask to see one and ask the clerk to tell you about it. Or just stay at home and slam your dick in the sliding glass door. It'll be less painful.

Dude, don't ever ask the employees about anything at Academy. If you really need to handle a firearm there, pretend to be deaf/mute and just point or gesture.

...And make certain to not make eye contact!😉

They opened a new Academy Sports in Elizabethtown ,KY a couple of years ago. Went in there to buy a basketball backboard for my wife's son. Went back to the firearm counter and spotted a .410 O/U with just outstanding wood grain in the stock that stood out from everything else on the rack. I got to talking to the counter help and was surprised how friendly and eager to talk hunting and firearms they where. Not over bearing or know it all, just good back and forth. Left there with the shotgun and it has become one of my favorite dove guns. Went back about a month later and you could see the life had been beaten out of the same guys. The guys behind the counter probably tell the same stories about the customers as the customers tell about them. If you have to talk to the counter help about what you want to buy in a firearm, you probably don't really need to be buying it anyway. You just need them to get the yellow sheets filled out and to accept payment.