Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I bought my first 6.5 Creedmoor many years ago before the chambering developed a cult following. As its cult status has developed and gained momentum, so too have the legions of idiots that rally around it. Seems everywhere I go there are fawning sycophantic roundmouths spewing bile about it. It has really gotten so bad that I have divested myself of all three of the 6.5 Creedmoors I had previously enjoyed.

I know that sounds extreme, but in casual conversation with some decent, educated rifle loonies I'd mention my Creedmoors. The look of abject fear on their faces said it all. A good chat would come to an uncomfortable close. They'd switch topics. They'd pull out their cell phones and pretend they had an urgent text. A look on their face would say "Dear God, please don't let this guy talk to me."

I was standing at the gun counter in Cabelas asking to see the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor. The counter clerk immediately begins telling me about what an awesome 1000 yard caliber it is. I asked him if there seemed to be a lot of demand in our area for 1000 yard deer rifles. He was prepared. He mentioned a few power lines and gas lines a couple parishes away, saying that with a good Vortex Strike Eagle you could dial the drop right in to connect. I asked how much a 140 grain bullet would drift in a 10 MPH crosswind over the course of the 1000 yard flight. He he stuttered and stammered a bit before muttering something unintelligible, then turned his attention to a skinny jeans wearing 20 something year old with a Grizzly Adams beard and a man bun who had walked up and stood close enough that his flannel shirt was touching me. Their conversation started with Mr. man bun remarking that he had heard the 6.5 Creedmoor was the flattest shooting round ever developed. That was months ago. They are probably still talking.

It's everywhere. The lunacy is pervasive and contagious. Last night on Facebook my bud posted a pic of a 3 shot group he'd fired with his new 257 Weatherby. He had sighted it in 2 inches high at 100. Never mentioned what bullet, what bullet weight, whether or not it was a handload or what velocity. Not that it really matters relative to the Creedfag's comments that followed. Here are the Creedmagic fan club member's comments for you to enjoy.

"2 inches high at 100 yards would make it way high at 300 yards. Should have bought a 6.5 creedmoor"

My bud responded by posting a trajectory table with a 200 yard zero. That elicited this this jewel:

"I have shot mine over 1000 yards. Not worried about ballistics."

The guy was serious too. Sadly his affliction is not at all uncommon. I can only pray that the cockweasles don't start rallying around the 6.5 PRC.

I feel the same way about...shoes/boots in the Wilderness.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !