I shoot a 260. Have since 2003. At first I was like Duh, you already have the 260 and the 6.5x55, why the Creed? Since then I have become a bit more ok with the idea, after all, a low recoiling, flat shooting rifle is pretty well the perfect deer rifle. What I am against is the way people do not recognize that the Creed (along with every other chambering) has its limitations. I am not that old (34), but am old fashioned enough that I like a minimum energy/velocity in order to quickly and humanely make a kill. With my current setup in my 260, my max is 300 yards. I feel I have plenty of velocity and energy left to quickly kill a deer. It seems like the Creed crowd (at least a lot of them) are not recognizing the cartridge for what it is. With the cult-like following, it has almost reached "magical" powers. I mean 500 yards with a Creed for an elk? I know it has been done with well placed shots (which can be made with a low-recoiling rifle) But just because one can, does it mean one should? I especially do not like when states change the current minimum calibers in order to make room for the Creedmoor. Pa had the minimum for elk at .27 caliber (which I think is a good place to have it), but changed it to .26 so the Creed could be used. Again, not saying that the Creed cannot cleanly take an elk. But these inexperienced hunters trying to take long shots at game with their Creedmoor's, makes me sick. Does that not sound like a recipe for wounded game? Part of the problem is the guys that feel they need to take an extremely long shot at an elk, and then brag about it on the internet. They feel they need to prove that it "can be done". And again just because one can, should one??? I don't see many people taking a 303 British to hunt lions, even though it surely can be done.

Last edited by Jevyod; 12/16/19.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.