I'm amazed at all this hype about the Credmoor as a hunting round.

It was developed specifically for NRA High Power matches in the match rifle category. In that game--shot at 200, 300, and 600 yards, a single shot out more than 1/4 inch from another can cost the national championship. The 5.56mm usually won the rapid fire stages at 200 and 300 yards because of low recoil (compared with, sy, a .308). If your position is in the slightest out, shots will string out. At 600 yards, the 5.56mm is a little weak at bucking wind. Hence the 6.5 Creedmoor. Better at 600 for wind and lower recoil in the rapid fire stages than a .308.

As for hunting, I doubt that it is any better--or worse--than a .270, .280, or 30-06 for 99.9% of the shots taken by 99.9% of hunters except for larger game. I don't gush over a 1/4 inch action length difference, the slight trajectory disadvantage of the Creedmoor, or its slight and almost immeasurable windage advantage.

As a hunting round, it just doesn't seem to be a worthwhile improvement over rounds 100 years older.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.