Originally Posted by kevinJ
I’m trying to decide between the ruger American predator or the tc compass in 6.5 creedmoor at the recommendation of local bass pro guy. He was a marine core sniper before being selected for delta force. Dude knows his shiit!

Need a new cartridge capable of killing huge East Tennessee deer out to 800 yards. Thinking Tasco pronghorn for optics

Needs to be 1/4 moa capable with factory ammo The 6.5 creed is the only one currently produced that is capable of one shot kills at that range consistently as far as I’m aware

I’m selling all my rifles including customs. 243, 6br, 260, 30-06, and 300 win as they just can’t do the job.

Was thinking 300 PRC but it doesn’t have the specially designed chamber that the creed does, which increases its velocity, accuracy, and knock down power. Plus with 90% less recoil the 6.5 creed has 90% of the energy on target as the 300prc.

Any other brands I should consider? Which ammo is best at 1300 yards for coyote hunting? Do I even need the kestrel or applied ballistics app anymore? What about a rangefinder??

I don’t understand why all you guys hate the creed. It’s the best thing ever invented (next to sliced bread and blow jobs)

....................I do not hate the Creed....It is just too common with too much conversation surrounding it.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger