Always have wondered, what would the .243 be, with a sharper shoulder, longer neck, and rifles built for it? Twist and barrel length for the bullet/load the user wants to use, throat for same. Mag box to match, maybe even a medium length action if needed for feeding constraints. Hell, say 5-10 grains more powder capacity, and even heavier, longer bullets for those who wish to use them. A 120 grain 6 mm would have an ungodly BC and cheat wind like a sumbitch. Be the damn wonder cartridge of the century...😂

Of course, I probably described an existing cartridge I am not loony enough to know about, seems there is nothing new under the sun. Creeds are a standard mousetrap made slightly better to work within the existing constraints, and maybe further limited by arbitrary rules for the games they were developed to be used in. I am a hunter and shooter, not a competitor, so my mind runs more to changing the constraints rather than fitting a cartridge to the ones I have. And too, I am not enthused about trading velocity for BC, when I could build something that gives me both.