Originally Posted by 257Bob
Well, I've owned a number of 6.5's in the following, 260 Remington, 6.5x55, 6.5-06 and 264 Winchester Magnum, lost interest in 6.5s and sold them all for other projects. Now that I'm looking for a light, short action stalking rifle, I'm leaning to the Creedmore mostly because I don't want the recoil of the 308 ( I ain't getting any younger) and the Creedmore has lots of good factory ammunition choices (I've packed up all of my reloading gear). All of the R&D and available ammo makes the Creedmore a solid choice for such a rifle. As much as I've sold off 80% of my collection I still have rifles in 240 WM, 257 WM, 270 Win, 7mm RM and 30-06 (all Win 70s). I certainly don't need a 6.5 CM but who says "need" has anything to do with it.

I try not to get too serious on these forums, but I am going to here, and only because I like your screen name. If you have any self-respect at all, do all of your research quietly online before you decide which one to buy. If you order online, have it shipped to an FFL that you know well to be normal. If the transaction takes place in a shop, try to find a low traffic time to do it. You much prefer not have have anyone in the shop hear you utter the word Creedlord. You might be able to pay the FFL a little more to open the store just for your deal. My sincerest hope is that you can get the gun and get the hell out as quickly as possible.

All the best,
Paul