Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Wow. Allegedly grown men fighting over the shape of a piece of brass. Blowhards are everywhere. Ask one about anything, and they will have a response. Hate them at will.

I don’t have a creed, probably won’t. What I have already works for everything I need done so far. Maybe in the future, I could go 6 creed for a walking coyote rifle, but right now, its a 243 because I can find ammo cheap and most anywhere. What really blows my mind is the emotion grown men attach to a cartridge. It’s simply a tool, like nails in a nailgun. You can argue all day long about whether a bostitch is better than paslode or not, but nobody argues about the nails. IUse what works, and roll on. No need to waste energy on it.

BS. 243s are sweet.

I like mine, even with its non sexy shoulder, too short throat, and other long list of deficiencies. The way it kills, I sometimes wonder how good it could be if it only had a 30 degree shoulder.😂 May try the creed version just to see. Maybe not, too. Seems like two peas in a pod, unless you gotta have dem long heavy boolits to kill stuff way out there. Around here, that’s a little pointless, at least for hunting. 80 to 95 grains kills deer like lightning, and stuff down to 55 grs. knocks the snot out of anything smaller. At least out to 300 or so, which is as long as it gets here unless you work to have more. Even then, I have watched my uncle kill a buck with one shot at 500, using 100 grain Winchester Power Point ammo. Seems being able to shoot makes up for a lot. The Creeds check a lot of boxes, especially for a guy starting out and not planning to load his own. For a lot of us who already have stuff we like, the Creeds are likely more of the same. Nothing to get excited about, either way.