Originally Posted by efw
Mt 5 You have heard that it was said, �You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.� But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. ...
Straight from The Word.
Nope doesn't seem to me to be room for slaying infidels there. Which, it seems to me, is the sin which is most glaring about Islam... Slaying others for their religious beliefs.
Yep. "Kill them all" because they are Muslim is no different than the Muslims wanting to kill all others who aren't Muslim for their own stupid reasons. Slaying others for their religious beliefs is just that...whether you are a Muslim or a self professed 'Christian'. Muslims can justify doing it...and many self professed 'Christians' can justify doing it too. Most are able to justify saying and doing the things they do...regardless of how wrong many of those things are according to Jesus' teachings.
I don't think anyone with any degree of intellectual honesty can claim we haven't fallen miserably short of our Lord's ideal. No doubt.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.