I like the "Buick" idea. Correct. I dealt with this issue one time with a man I knew very well.

He told me he was a "Christian." I said ok, is Jesus your Lord and Savior? No answer....

I followed up with another question: Can you look me in the eye and tell me that Jesus is Lord? Again, I rec'd no answer.

There seems to be a huge difference between being a generic "christian" and a Follower of Jesus.

Those who do not recognize this difference simply do not understand ... or do not accept....the concept of being born again.

TF

btw... I am not sure there is anything "wrong" with church. We are surely flawed and limited and we are certainly guilty of our own sinning and hypocritical lifestyles. But that's why we need Jesus in the first place. As long as we are in this "body" of sin, we will fall short. God knows that. He expected that. He sees our sin and faults and loves us as His own. God expects us to fall short. He also expects us to strive to become more Christ like.

Do any of you really think that God did not "see this coming" when he looked into the future? Sure he did. The church of today is no surprise to Him.

Last edited by TF49; 07/15/14.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”