Originally Posted by eyeball
No animal contemplates it's own contemplation.

Well, as much as life is a mystery, the quantum physicists seem to be getting a handle on what may be happening. I must couch my comments as an accidental mystic, one who has experienced many existential visions that defy explanation in linear sequential though or language, so forgive me if I seem incoherent. What these scientists are talking about is the theory that matter does not produce consciousness, but that consciousness produces matter and all life. Not just any consciousness, but a conscious awareness of self that is transcendent, existing outside of time and space. Even more startling is the proposition that this consciousness is all that there is - the entire universe, and whatever it arises from, is aware of itself. It is the observations of this consciousness that collapses the field of probability to create matter, and is the basis of choice or free will we believe to be our own. Our brain/mind interfaces with this consciousness indirectly creating our individual sense of self.

Now that pretty much comports with my experiences wherein everything cascades from the first cause, the primal realization, awareness of self-existence. This realization takes place beyond time, space, dimension and conditions. everything exists at once, as potentia (from the Latin potens, the present active participle of possum (I am able), so that with the realization of self existence, all things become possible because I AM able to create them from myself (here we refer to God, not Wrangler John). So that what we have is God looking back at the universe through our eyes at itself. Hence it is God contemplating it's own contemplations in the guise of humanity. That is why Man can comprehend that that God exists and yet at the same time also deny that God exists. What compound of elemental matter can be said to be alive or conscious of itself? While at the transcendent level all matter is the conscious manifestation of mind necessary to create a material world of exploratory forms and express the psychological implications of conscious deliberate actions that affect itself or others.

Because thought must proceed action, the archetype, Jesus Christ, preexisted Man as the design motif. We are the process of becoming matter transfigured as the ideal consciously aware potent being in both material and transcendent realms. We can no more separate ourselves from God's intent than the turtle can castoff his shell. As we are, warts and all, we are God becoming something beyond our understanding through our judgement of moral and ethical principles of behavior. The realization of the fact that we can, through concerted action, change the course of human development and attainment is the actual purpose of religion. Yet we find that religion went astray as best described in Matthew 23, and again in the Gospel of Thomas:

39 Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.

102 Jesus said, "Damn the Pharisees! They are like a dog sleeping in the cattle manger: the dog neither eats nor [lets] the cattle eat."

Getting back on track towards enlightenment and our potential will require setting aside the the things worshiped in this world, can we do it?

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 07/16/14.