I have never seen a board with more annonymous posters than this one. Everyone is hiding behind an handle, or almost everyone.

Why?

I posted my name "Gene Langston" or my birth certificiate name of "William Eugene Langston" and invited people to google my name. (Under Gene.) I was advised by one of the regulars here by IM I'd made a mistake. He said someone might find my remarks offensive and call my boss, Sheriff Scott Berry, 706-769-3945 to complain.

As if I would say anything to you I wouldn't say to him. I think it is the ultimate mark of cowardice to hide behind a shield of annonymity, but I see why some people do. If it got back to their peers how they felt about certain issues, they'd probably be in for trouble.

I challenge you who are brave enough to stand by your convictions to also stand by your name. Your name was given by your parents, and if you've screwed it up, that's your problem. If you are afraid of some kind of internet retribution, it's groundless. I've been posting on all kinds of boards under my real name (in the profile section) for years.

Personally, I think it is reprehensible to insult someone annonymously. The mark of the coward who throws stones at the backs of schoolchildren.

Get some testosterone, guys. You women, I understand and don't blame you as you WILL get unwelcome messages if you use your right name. But guys, you ain't women, although this site, I must say, has a high precentage of those who act like they are.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06