Gene, Ken,

Would I be told Im just speculating and reading something in to this that just isn't there to suggest Im being called out with a couple of others as well Gene?

Im a coward then, according to your standards. I can live with that. I have been personally threatened, and from right here on the Campfire, by a regular. I have no doubt the person would have told the lies he threatened to tell, if had known my name and where I actually work.

Gene, I IM'd you about that because I believe it prudent advice, especially when you work for a politician such as a sheriff or DA. I think its clear from that IM I meant you no harm or ill will, and I meant it to just give my friendly $.02, and to be somewhat of an olive branch to let you know its not personal here atleast not for me. You weren't polite enough (I wont try to insult your manhood) to even reply with a thank you but I'll do it my way, screw you, or thanks I'll keep that in mind...nothing! Its clear to me you take this a little too personally.

Maybe you have a long standing history with your boss such that he'd back you no matter what. I don't know. I can tell you that I don't have that kind of relationship with my boss because he will tell you that nobody he has working for him can't be replaced, and I will take that espcecially mean the new guy. I personally don't know my boss well enough to know how he'd feel about me putting out my personal opinions here if he thought it reflected on him, but Im guessing from what I know about him he'd say something like "Well, its ok for you to have your opinions, but I don't like that one in particular that this person notified me of, and you can pick up your final check next friday. Nothing personal." And he'd be well within his rights. Im an at will employee, and he has to consider how voters think about him. I have seen it happen to another guy I used to police with. And when someone figured who he was and where he worked because he gave enough info on the net, somebody from the forum complained to the cheif about his attitude. He was told that when it came to work, he didn't have a 1st amendment right, and he almost got in trouble over it...just for offending somebody. As a matter of fact he had many of the same "Im blue and the world is against me" attitude you seem to have and that was what offended. Basically he was ranting against lawyers, inept prosecutors and defense alike, and telling people how it was, and they didn't have to like it, but that was the way it is, cops are never wrong...etc. So I have seen it go bad for people when they gave out too much info.

Gene? I tell you what sir. I think you're basically a decent hard working guy with some attitudes I disagree with somewhat, but not enough to make it a personal dislike. I will drive to GA and buy you a beer or cup of coffee and introduce myself to you, BECAUSE I think you're stand up enough to keep it in confidence here. You say the word and we'll work out a time and place.

Ken, when you can eat and drink again, and I hope that is very soon, I will fly out to see you and do the same, and consider it an honor.

War Damn Eagle!