From as early as I can remember I have been taught to use a handle in Naval Intelligence. Why?

You never know what is in another man's mind. Gene, people can and will track you down and harrass the heck out of you for silly things. Black and WHite hackers do it for fun. I know a lot of these guys. They want to exploit your name and information and social security and credit cards and credit report and whatever else the newest thing is. This board is a reserved and well behaved group of guys. But that cannot be said for anti-hunters, anti-gun, PETA, and other zealouts that want to crush you and get at you any way they can. They have lines of servers breaking into these kind of sites all the time to steal information. This is a fact and these groups have mucho dinero to fund projects.

I am not paranoid; this was my MOS in the Navy. It is real. If I disagree I might send a PM with my name. Why not. If I make a friend, I include my name. But otherwise, how many years will go by and you will forget about one day of information you posted online that may haunt you. You are not dishonest, but the hearts of some men are.

Best
National Security Agency