Gene Gene Gene, my friend I am almost as far west as one can get in these here continental United States. I have a great sence of humor , just ask me. Once again the regulars did not get your drift about shooting elk, they are big and are big targets, I think that is where you left it off. Nothing was said about how hard they can be to find some folks just read that into your post. No way is an elk as easy to hunt as shooting a bovine, but the target is about the same size when presented. As to packing one out, thats what young guys are for. It's darn tough work no matter how you cut it. I don't know too much about Colorado elk but around here you earn every steak and burger from the elk we have. I am sure thats the same in the rockies except our Roosevelt elk tend to be a bit larger. Old guys like us need to just find ways of enjoying the hunt then staying out of the way when the real work begins. Most of my elk hunting any more is done with a camera.

Bullwnkl.

Bulwinkl, I know all that. I assumed folks knew I knew that, which is common sense and anyone over 13 years old knows how difficult elk are to locate and pack out. A frined of mine killed one with a hickory bow he made himself, but it was rough hunting. I figured you guys had more of a sense of humor and could see through that, but apparently they have to have things explained to them.

I hate to have to insert a smiley face every damn time I write something, but some folks just don't get it. Some take things way too seriously. Bart, for example.

I've got a daughter in Seattle. She's a teacher. I know what the west coast is like and what elk look like, and have no intention of hunting them.

I've got friends in Texas, many friends....the magazine I edited was based in Texas. They had several hundred acres of leased land near the Mexican border and used to ask me to come kill off some of those big Texas deer.

Not this boy. I've killed about everything I want to kill, I believe.

And Bart....get a sense of humor, pal. Loosen up your panyhose.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06