I posted my name "Gene Langston" or my birth certificiate name of "William Eugene Langston" and invited people to google my name. (Under Gene.) I was advised by one of the regulars here by IM I'd made a mistake. He said someone might find my remarks offensive and call my boss, Sheriff Scott Berry, 706-769-3945 to complain.

As if I would say anything to you I wouldn't say to him. I think it is the ultimate mark of cowardice to hide behind a shield of annonymity, but I see why some people do. If it got back to their peers how they felt about certain issues, they'd probably be in for trouble.

Im trying not to over-think or over analyze you Gene. Im pretty sure I have met many like you over the last 12 years. Any time I have offered to make nice with you, you have totally ignored me. You constantly, and not just with me, go straight after challenging people's manhood. Thats a clear sign you think you have to constantly prove yours. I know guys that think like that. Silly IMO. Im very comfy with my manhood. Calling me "one of those pu$$ies" is not fighting words to me...Im above that...you're not. Your childish taunts of that nature towards others has rarely been taken as a challenge by the intelligent people here, yet you continue. Gene, your problem is like you said above. You wouldn't say anything here that you wouldn't say to your boss. Its tough for me to believe that he'd let you run around his county calling people "one of those pu$$ies" because you disagreed with them on a debatable point. Actually, the police department I worked for wouldn't tolerate me talking like that to anyone, included a perp. It's obvious you work in an atmosphere that lets you constantly challenge people's manhood, call names when you disagree, and generally feel the need to make sure you have the most testosterone in the room, and God only knows what else your boss would tolerate professionally from you. Pathetic really, at your stated age of 62 IIRC, that you're still thinking you have to prove you're a tough guy, manly man, and evidence IMO, that you're of a lower, average, but lower average intelligence. You respond to debate by calling people cowards, pu$$ies, saying they wear maxie pads...and all manner of school boy tactics. If I were in a public place where I work, and I called people out like that for disagreeing, Id be fired, immediately! I have said many things on here that some disagree with. I have said only couple of things I wanted to take back...and to the couple of people I directed them at I went to them personally and apoligized and tried to learn from my mistakes. Their response, to a man, "Dont sweat it, aint nothing personal here." That was it.

I see you as an old man, used to your absolute power over the simple country folks you police, and you grinding your teeth everytime somebody disagrees with you here because you don't have to tolerate that on the street where you work, and wanting our names so you can deal with us personally. I made the peace offer, it still stands, but if you wont have a beer or cup of coffee with me in person, then you damn-sure don't need my name!

By the way, I don't know other places you post, but I have never seen a forum where giving ones real name was the norm. And twice you've threatened to leave, not just this last time, but about 2 months back as well, when everybody disagreed with you...yet you're still here.

War Damn Eagle!