teal, .280Rem...thanks.

I looked up the word 'opus' in my Webster's dictionary that I have on my hard drive and it doesn't have the definition you give.

Heh. What does it say about the word "plonk?" Back in the days of Usenet, "plonk" had a very specific meaning. The most popular newsreader of the time, rn, had a feature whereby if you created a file named ".killfile" containing the usernames of people whose posts you didn't want to see, it wouldn't show them to you. "Plonk" was the notional sound a username made when it hit the bottom of a .killfile. For example:

Bill:
Tony's ugly and his mother dresses him funny.

Tony:
Yo, Bill: Plonk!

Thereby everyone would know that Tony had just added Bill's username to his .killfile and would no longer be responding to Bill's posts. Very much the same thing as the Ignore option here, although on Usenet there would be no other way for Bill to know that Tony had killfiled him.

"Opus" is kind of the same thing. It's actually a Latin word (if I remember correctly) meaning "work" or "accomplishment;" for example, "Bach's Prelude #1 in D, Opus #47." That means that Bach's Prelude #1 was his forty-seventh work of art, according to the folks who follow such things. (This is just an example; I know Bach wrote a Prelude #1, and I know how it goes, but I don't know whether it was in D or not and I highly doubt it was actually Opus #47.)

But in the context of Internet forums, "opus" has come to mean a long, often ill-tempered post saying essentially, "Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm going to take my ball and go home, I hope you all choke, nyah." Or words to that effect.

Whoof, but I'm an old fogey on the Internet! I remember when "hacker" was a good thing to be called, and when "troll" was a verb rather than a noun. Heck, I even remember Emily Cummings' username. Anyone else?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867