Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Gotcha Jim.
I made a pass through Winter and North Parks after being gone for about ten years. When I left, we'd just gotten a massive blowdown in Diamond Park and the spruce beetles were going crazy. At the same time, the LP was getting really ripe all across Northern CO.
I mean, I knew it was going to get really bad unless something was done. But I never imagined what actually happened, horizon to horizon, across divides.
And we have the same thing, worst in SW MT on the B-D. Looked at some sales down there and it was just devastating to comprehend the blown chance, just thrown away. By whom? Litigous morons who don't understand what conservation really means -- or do, but don't care.

I'm still waiting for you kids to answer my question.

Which question is that, Dave?

While we are at it, can you summarize your current, ever-changing position on what should be done with Federally-managed public lands? Are you advocating for their sale again? Or, for their transfer to the states for eventual sale? Or, transfer to the states for supposed management like the tribes do with their granted lands? Or, something new? What is it this time?

Dave,

The second part of my post was rude and unnecessary. I retract that.

For the sake of clarity and simplicity, why don't you just lay out for us how you believe the Federally-managed lands ought to be handled. Hypothetically, you are now in charge of them all and your word gets it done; so, soup-to-nuts, what's your plan?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.