Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Finally, Donald Trump Jr. I am glad he and his brother had a grandfather who turned them onto hunting. But his exposure is not typical. Africa? Asia? These are all guided trips to exotic locales, it's not Joe Average Weekend getting his deer. Both the brothers routinely take trips that for the rest of us are once in a lifetime things, if ever.
They can afford anything they want. Go anywhere they want, any time. Lucky them, but it's a rather uncommon state of affairs compared to the prosaic needs of the average person who needs to find both the time, and the money, which doesn't necessarily happen at the same time.
For that reason, their exposure to the larger issues regarding public lands and their role in the non-sporting economy, limits their perspective. They come for an escape, then go back to their "real world" in New York City.

Dave, I can understand why you would want to discredit Don Jr., since he's been very vocal about being against the sale of public lands.

But jeez, do some homework before you go spouting off about how he has no perspective and is an elitist. Just like with Randy, you haven't bothered to do any homework or actually talk to the man, you just come with your own "facts" that support whatever conclusion you've come up with. Starting to see a pattern here Dave?

Here are the man's own words, in response to the question "If you could only do one type/species of hunting for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is from Petersen's Hunting magazine, it's on-line Dave:

DT Jr: That’s a very, very tough question. Perhaps because about the time I’m getting a bit tired of one season, you go into the next and it reinvigorates you.

When turkey season’s over, I’m into trout fishing. When trout fishing starts winding down, it’s fall with early season goose, then deer season. The diversity that we are offered in the outdoors is what keeps things exciting for me.

If I could only choose one, it would be something that gives me a lot of time outdoors—the more the better. I would have to say bowhunting for whitetails because it is easy for me to roll out of bed and be in a tree stand only a few hundred yards from home. In New York, we have a long bow season. It’s convenient because it’s right there. I can do it on a lot of weekends.

Although if I could only do one as a vacation-type hunt, it would have to be something in the mountains, probably a sheep or elk hunt, something that’s an incredible exertion kind of hunt. I really just love being out in true wilderness. I love the test. You versus the mountain, you versus the animal, in those tricky environments, where you are gone for two weeks at a time, with no communication with the rest of the world.

Depending on the circumstances, it would be one of those two things. Again, it’s hard to think that I wouldn’t be able to do any more waterfowling, any more upland shooting, or many of the other numerous things I like to do. It would be a tough call.

Read more: http://www.petersenshunting.com/con...uld-vote-for-donald-trump/#ixzz4ZsbsajKa

So again my question Dave: Why would Don Jr. become a lifetime member of an organization (BHA) that is as leftist and nefarious as you want people to believe it is?

Is Don Jr. a closet Bolshevik Dave? Maybe you''re onto something. I can smell a Pulitzer here if you play your cards right, LOL!!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.