Well, I see I've succeeded in upsetting the BHA members here. And I hope I've helped others to make an informed decision whether or not to join BHA.
As for Kimber, here's something else fun, BHA board member Ryan Busse, Kimber's marketing VP.
In 2004, Busse hit the national radar in 2004 for being featured in a Scripps and other "mainstream media" articles about a “sportsman” rebellion against Bush 2 – you know, in favor of that great sportsman, John Kerry. While being VP of marketing for Kimber? Yep, seriously. There was a little backlash from that, but nothing on the order of the Smith and Wesson sellout.
Since then, he's been four years chairman of Montana Conservation Voters, the state arm of the League of Conservation Voters, one of the biggest enviro-political organizations in America.
Busse recently wrote a “clean energy” joint column “endorsed by representatives of Montana Audubon, National Wildlife Federation, Sierra Club, Montana chapter, Montana Environmental Information Center, Alternative Energy Resources Organization, Montana Trout Unlimited, Climate Solutions, Natural Resources Defense Council, Environment Montana, Rural Votes and Repower Montana.”
So, pretty much a Green, a good fit for a green group funded with green money by green billionaires.
That's fine. It's fine being for "roadless backcountry" at the expense of all other public land uses -- which is in fact the agenda of BHA funder Hans Wyss.
And I guess it's just fine to support the environmental part of the political agenda, and vote to give power to the Democrats, who aren't exactly the greatest supporters of either gun rights, hunting, or America's strength in the world, right?
Yep, that's just fine.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.