Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
And speaking of community, it's ironic that Smoke gripes on the "community" angle. Unless you do the full woo woo, you should be eliminated. In and out by foot or hoof only, don't you dare drive the pickup with your kids in on the weekend. The message to others is, "Do it our way or don't do it at all."

Good grief Dave, you just can't help yourself can you. "You should be eliminated???" Give it a rest, man.

Show me where I said any of that stuff in the quote above and I'll kiss your ass on Main Street.

Any of you considered that the survival of hunting is a numbers game? What happens when the weekend warrior who can't (or won't) do a guided wilderness hunt, or even a Randy Newberg budget special, stops buying licenses? Finds something else to be interested in? There needs to be a full spectrum of opportunity between easy and hard, between forkhorns and B&C, between wilderness and off-the-porch harvest.

I agree Dave, there needs to be a full spectrum of opportunities.

The thing is, there already is a full spectrum, and maintaining part of our public lands as roadless ensures the full spectrum. That dog won't hunt, but nice try Dave.

In the short run, I guess the purist cult....

Dave, you can't make a point without pejoratives, can you?

Tell some kid they've got to freeze their cans for two weeks in a tent for five years before they kill a trophy (if you can afford to do that). What happens when they are no longer your dependent, on a limited budget for time AND money? Do they stay in the game, keep a hand in? How do you capture and captivate them? With success! Accessible, realistic chances of success! Success!

Barking up the wrong tree Dave, once again. We raised three sons, they're grown up and on their own and they all love the outdoors. They like freezing in a tent, they like four-wheelers, they like shooting tannerite bombs at the quarry, and they like camping out of the back of the truck and doing it the easy way same as their old man. Get a clue about who you're talking to Dave.

We partake of the full spectrum, but it sounds like you don't. Which is fine by me, but I'd rather not hear all your pissing and moaning about those of us who actually use the full spectrum.

PS, my elk hunting partner this year owns a logging company. The place we'll be hunting is a designated wilderness, and he's not even pissed about it, imagine that. We'll be hunting this particular spot for no other reason than it has excellent hunting. The only downside is all the sheep that are up there during bow season, they can be a pain in the ass. And no, I'm not saying they shouldn't be there, the rancher has the same right to use that land as I do. But the fact is, when you're elk hunting, they can be a pain in the ass.

Full spectrum Dave, and multiple use.

A wise man is frequently humbled.