Smoke, the fact is, if Hillary had won, Podesta would in fact be calling the shots on behalf of Hillary. It was a close call not just for gun rights, which you need to hunt, but for major economic sectors in the West. You may be okay with an economy that is seasonal and fickle, but I'm not.
Given that all you can do is accuse me of red herrings, either you don't or won't understand the nonprofit parallel universe and this is not the forum to try to explain it. Or you do understand it, and don't want anyone to figure it out.
BHA is classic political dark money in that it doesn't fully disclose very major donors. The only way to trace donors is if one already knows they exist, and BHA would rather nobody know they draw support from a foreign billionaire.
And billionaire or not, 300 grand in one check is not chump change, if anyone gave 300 grand to Jon Tester in one check, even the Billings Gazette would have to stand up and notice, maybe actually report.
You do know that BHA's Land Tawney was involved with a PAC that dumped over 400 grand of last-days cash into the 2012 Senate race against Rehberg versus Tester, money that after the election (when it was too late to matter) was sourced from the "nonprofit, nonpartisan" League of Conservation Voters?
Yeah, you probably do.
I just hope some of the many people who have looked at this thread realize that when it comes to "hunter and angler" narratives, there's a lot under the rug that the big money people would like to keep secret.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.