Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I'm just going to hit on oil and gas.

How do you guys get to the hunting grounds? How do you run the rest of your lives? Fossil fuels, and they have to come from someplace. We'd prefer they be far away, but on the other hand, it's okay to have it nearby where we can see the consequences of our actions, mmmm?

Never mind that some of my most productive hunting days came in the oil patch around Strangely and Bleeker in NW Colorado. As long as you have ethical oil patch people who don't get stupid with the wildlife, the animals don't care. Sure, it's not the "same" as, say, those scenes from the Deer Hunter, or one of Randy's productions, but for the vast majority of hunters, it's good enough and keeps us in the game.

America is a modern country because we have access to modern and plentiful energy sources. Remember that.

LOL, that's a great strawman you set up and knocked down there Dave, you really knocked it outta the park.

Now show me where I said anything negative about oil and gas extraction from public lands. The only reason I mentioned oil & gas extraction was to refute your ridiculous assertion that the NF is "no longer multiple use."

A wise man is frequently humbled.