Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Organizations like BHA and TRCP exist to diminish the cred of the NRA when it comes to sportsman issues.

LOL Dave, you crack me up. Better be careful though, I hear the air raid siren in Miles City went down, they might come looking for a replacement.

BHA exists to counter the narrative that says every square mile of our National Forests needs a road through it and a small portion of our public lands set aside with no roads or noisy ORVs equates to being "locked out" with "no access." Because that's a false proposition and a phony narrative. There's excellent access for people who value solitude and are willing to walk or ride a horse a couple of miles so that they're not hunting with the orange army. There's an entire industry based on the large number of hunters who are willing to pay to do that. And no matter how much you carp about it, roadless areas still comprise only a small percentage of public lands.

You just can't wrap your head around that concept so you feel compelled to come up with these conspiracy theories. Savvy hunters know that public land hunting is better the farther you get from the road, and savvy fishermen know the same. If you've tried calling in a bugling bull a few miles from the road, and then tried the same thing within a mile of the road you know the difference. If you've ever fished a high mountain lake that seldom gets fished because it takes a few hours of hiking to get there and then fished in a roadside lake, you know the difference. Apparently, you don't know the difference or place any value on it, and that's just a reflection of your personal value system. Many of us don't share that.

As far as the NRA angle, it doesn't make any sense. Lots of BHA members are also NRA members. I am. The two aren't mutually exclusive no matter how often you peddle that claptrap.

And you're definitely barking up the wrong tree with mudhen. Unlike me, he doesn't get down in the mud to wrestle with the pigs very often if at all. If he calls you a moron, it's because you've earned it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.