Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Randy, I understand your perspective because you sell it.

Always funny to see a guy who makes his living as a "conservative freelance writer" talk about how someone else sells a perspective.

Dave, you think you have a unique perspective and insight that no one else has. You said as much a few posts back. It sounds good and it might fool some people but that's just how you make your living. You promote it and sell it. I would say your quote above is just the pot calling the kettle black but that doesn't really work. Because all we have here is the pot.

Dave often tells the world about me. He's never spoke to me, never written to me, never asked a question of me. A small circle of folks up in his neighborhood loop Dave in on emails and rumors that occasionally have me and my life as the topic of discussion. And when those emails and other rumors get shared with me it's some pretty funny stuff.

Dave should know I make my living by disinheriting the Federal Treasury. For 29 years I've been a CPA where people pay me more than I am probably worth to make sure their income tax and estate tax liability is the lowest legally possible. That's what allows me to pay my bills and do the rest of the things that piss off Dave's friends.

For him to say I "sell it" is hilarious. So funny, I didn't even bother to respond to him when he posted it. I've never taken a dime from my TV show, podcast, or website. I've signed the front of many checks to get that operation off the ground and keep it afloat. Someday I hope to sign the back of a check. Any cash gets reinvested in the platforms and/or gladly donated back to the cause of hunting, conservation, and public land access.

Dave would know that if he took the time to ask. I'm a pretty open book; proud to come from a logging family and the connection that gave/gives me to the landscape beyond what I get from hunting and my interaction with business owner-clients who make a living off the land. But so long as Dave relies on the emails and rumors from the local talent he runs with, truth and facts are not likely to have a place in anything Dave writes about me.

Dave's comments about lazy journalists distorting the truth make me laugh my arse off. Kind of like Bernie Madoff speaking out on trustworthiness. Dave's comment that I only spend a few days/weeks in Montana is another laugher. I could go on, but Dave's ramblings about people do a good job of self-identifying his work product as being clueless.

I'm in the phone book, Dave. If ever you want some actual facts to distribute to your circle of intellects (heavy sarcasm), give a call.

Now, back to the questions, Dave.

I'll again ask the one most relevant to the 24HCF crowd - How you going to tell the NRA that the plan you and your pals are promoting will eliminate recreational and target shooting on hundreds of millions of acres?

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."