Cossatotjoe,

Lets take some of your points(?) and look them over.

a blind man in California can be shot as he comes down the stairs carrying a blackpowder pistol in an attempt to defend himself when police raid his home because he had one marijuana plant growing on his 650 acre property?

And the LEO's that actually shot the guy knew he was blind right? What did they see but an armed man coming at them. He could have been anybody. What about the officers? Is it fair that every time an officer has to use his/her weapon that they face a lawsuit? Isn't it bad enough that they feel terrible for having to take a life that they end up worrying about keeping their home and family due to a lawsuit? Why not try walking a mile in our shoes first.

Like it or not, LEOs, you are the enforcers and the symbols of these laws. Aggresive policing of these laws results in needless conflicts and raised tensions. When will the police start taking responsibility for these sorts of things and stop hiding behind the "we don't make the laws" dodge.

Just how would YOU go about enforcing the laws? Do you really think that walking up to a 240 lb. man that is beating the c*#@ out of his wife/girlfriend and saying "Kind Sir could you PLEASE refrain from what you're doing and come over here and talk to me for a moment." is going to work? Give me a break. Do you actually believe that LEO's make the laws?

LEOs and others claim that we make our own laws by elections? Well, how many of you actually believe that?

You have attended school haven't you? Laws are made by elected officials that YOU(by you I mean people) help put in office. You don't like a law, go out and work to change the law. Don't blame the ones sworn to enforce them.

As to protecting me from bad people, well, I'm glad they're doing it. I really don't feel I need the protection, but is nice.

This needs more explanation from you. You like to be protected from bad people but don't think you need it. Yet why is it people like you are the ones that holler the loudest for a LEO when they are getting their rights violated.

Afterall, I hear that street crime was very low in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

And you believe what the Nazi Propaganda machine put out when they came to power? You don't think that before the breakup of the Soviet Union that they didn't have crime? Their crime rate was and is near as high as many areas here. You need to grow up and get your facts straight. Lawdog