Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by isaac
I've made many of them to be liars on the witness stand. It is usually pretty easy to do since the average cop statement will have at least three or four lies in it.
================

Before I laugh, I'll let you tell us how so.

You can laugh all you like. I suspect you're having a giggling fit already since you appear to be off your meds today.

===========

That was a knee-slapper, JimBobBoy. Now, why don't you answer the question. It's clear from your writing style you're not an attorney. Tell us more about your examination of cops on the witness stand. You have me intrigued.

Now you have me intrigued. How is if from my writing style that you think you can tell that I am not an attorney? Is yours the example for which I should strive. I see nothing but gratuitous insults. Does that work in your area? Do you start with a couple of knee slappers during voir dire...maybe even before that in a motion hearing? Perhaps, during a direct, you'll throw it out there that you think someone is moron. Maybe on cross, you'll get in there. Could it be that you'll respond to an objection by saying, "Your honor, it isn't hearsay because it isn't offered to prove the truth of the matter asserted, but rather to show the state of mind of the witness...i.e. that he is a complete moron." Maybe, on argument, you'll get a wild eyed look and cast aspersions on someone's intelligence or lack thereof in broken English.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/03/14.