Exactly what point has been made???
First off, the ACLU makes me hurl. Nothing but a bunch of inbred America haters.
Some of the quoted incindences were allegations, not convictions.
I find it hard to believe that somebody is convicted of molesting a child, gets probation from his job, and no civil charges are filed. I feel the honorable ACLU is not telling the whole story here. If they are, there is something seriously wrong with the parties involved in that judicial decision.
Again, what does all this prove? Nobody in the force is a saint. There is some pretty rotten eggs there. And how do you propose to prevent that? I don't know. Let me know when you find ANY group of people that are saints. Haven't met anybody yet that walks on water.
Please, I am not trying to excuse the actions of the guilty individuals. They should be hung, where deserved. But I don't believe that has anything to do with the police force itself.
The individuals abused their position of power. Power can lead to corruption. There is no fix for this.Better controls and oversight will catch more of this corruption.
But why paint all of law enforcement with this dark brush?

Proverbs 1:7 - The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.